Installing the app:
If you already have Authy, my preferred two-factor authentication app for Android or iOS, then you can activate 2FA (two factor authentication) on your account right away. Otherwise, you can install the Authy app from the following links:
Please note that if you already have a 2FA app installed on your mobile device which is not Authy then it will be compatible as long as it is compatible with Google Authenticator (for example, you can use Google's own Authenticator app). Please note that Authy can also be used to secure access to Dropbox, Facebook, Google, Mailchimp, CloudFlare, and more!
To enable 2FA for your WPopt.net account:
- First, download and install a compatible app on your smartphone (see above).
- Access your account at WPopt.net and click the menu which says "Hello, Charles",
- Click on "Security settings" (or click here when logged in to view the page directly).
- Click the green button on the next page to enable 2FA.
- Click the blue button to "get started". On the next page you will see a QR code to scan. Scan this with your 2FA app on your phone. If using Authy (recommended) then open the Authy app, open the menu (on Android this is the three vertical dots in the top right of the app home screen) and tap "Add account" > "Scan QR Code"
- Scan the code and choose a "friendly name" for the account - something like "WPopt.net Account Login" so you know what it is.
- Back on WPopt.net, click confirm and then enter the 6-digit security code generated in the app into the confirmation box.
- That's it - your account is now safer and more secure. Remember to save the emergency code safely. This will allow you to access your account in the event you have lost your mobile device. Should you wish to deactivate 2FA on your account simply follow the instructions by clicking on Security Settings under your account once more.