DMCA and Abuse
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") provides a mechanism for notifying service providers of claims of unauthorized use of copyrighted materials. Such a claim must be sent to the service provider's (WPopt) Designated Agent. If you believe in good faith that WPopt should be notified of a possible online copyright infringement involving one of our clients, please get in touch using the form below. Please note that the following must be provided for case investigation and resolution:
- Identify the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed. This information is important because it helps the affected user evaluate your claim and give them the ability to compare your work to theirs. The specificity of your identification will depend on the nature of the work you believe has been infringed. If you have published your work, you might be able to just link back to a web page where it lives. If you have registered it with the Copyright Office, you should include the registration number. If you are alleging that the hosted content is a direct, literal copy of your work, you can also just explain that fact.
- Identify the material that you allege is infringing the copyrighted work listed in the step above. It is important to be as specific as possible in your identification. This identification needs to be reasonably sufficient to permit WPopt to locate the material. At a minimum, this means that you should include the URL to the material allegedly infringing your copyright.
- Explain what the affected user would need to do in order to remedy the infringement. Again, specificity is important. When we pass your complaint along to the user, this will tell them what they need to do in order to avoid having the rest of their content disabled. Does the user just need to add a statement of attribution? Do they need to change certain aspects of the text or remove certain photos? We understand that in some cases, all of a user's content may be alleged to infringe - if that's the case, please make that clear as well.
- Provide your contact information. Include your email address, name, telephone number and physical address.
- Provide contact information, if you know it, for the alleged infringer. Usually this will be satisfied by providing the website URL associated with the allegedly infringing content. But there may be cases where you have additional knowledge about the alleged infringer. If so, please share that information with us.
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law."
- Also include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- Include your physical or electronic signature.
Furthermore, if you have identified any content which you believe is not permissible under our Acceptable Use Policy or Terms of Service then you may also report this information here.If you are ready to submit a request you may do so here...